Reduce delays and eliminate damage to underground pipes and utilities. Using a high-pressure air or water, you can break up soil, clay and other malleable earth elements, and remove waste with a powerful vacuum unit.Non-destructive Digging: The ImportanceThe ground beneath the Earth’s surface contains a complex web of cables, pipes, drains, gas lines and tree roots. This means that any mechanical excavation has the potential to cause costly damage. This type of digging technology allows excavation onto and around underground assets without the risk of causing damage. It uses high-pressure air or water to dig the hole, and a specially designed nozzle to vacuum the debris into a holding tank.This fast and efficient system reduces the risks of disruption or delays to your project and keeps site cleaning easier. Its use to identify, locate or prove underground assets provides peace of mind, and can significantly reduce operating costs and the risks associated with damaging existing buried assets. Gaining access to underground assets is simpler and safer with this innovative digging technology.As a non-mechanical excavating method, it is a safe and more convenient alternative to hand digging. Communications industry, construction, and utility companies accept it as the best practice to safely exposing any buried facility. It minimizes the risks associated with excavation work such as possible loss of service, explosions from gas mains, shorting of electrical cables, and damage to water pipes. It is more efficient than manual excavation, and reduces injuries and minimizes worker insurance claims.The Benefits of the TechnologyThrough the years, the technology has proved its worth in road, bridge, and general construction and maintenance projects. Here are some of the many benefits it offers.- Reduces the risk of damage and disruption to subterranean assets
- It gives you peace of mind knowing that your digging work doesn’t damage subterranean assets such as telecommunications, water and sewer pipes, and gas lines.
- Reduce remediation and operating costs
- Footpaths, roads, and guttering can remain virtually unaffected.
- It reduces the harmful impact on the environment. Traditional digging methods often damage surrounding areas and tree roots. Non-destructive digging is much gentler on the environment.
- Increases productivity, which means reduced time on the job and more money in your pocket
- It is safe, reliable and versatile.
- Considered to be the most sustainable way to excavate and has the least damaging impact to the environmentNDD increases productivity and efficiency, whilst saving substantial time on the digging process. The technique of NDD reduces liability on all involved parties and increases the levels of safety on excavation and construction sites.